Episode 4 - Seeking opportunity in the midst of hardship with Carly Stebbing
11 May 2020
In this episode of The Lawyering Podcast, we had the opportunity to hear from Carly Stebbing from Resolution 123. As an employment lawyer, Carly has some great insights on how to turn this time of difficulty into one of opportunity.
In this episode we talk about:
- The positive effects from the difficulties being faced by the world at the moment
- Carly’s insights on the future of law
- Why changing your behaviour to please others in the law can be dangerous
- Carly’s advice to her younger self
- The importance of curiosity in law and why we should seek answers to our questions
- Carly’s previous mentors and supporters
- Carly has a great amount of self-confidence and discusses her relationship with doubt
- Her experience of sex discrimination in the workplace
- Carly’s advice for those who are struggling with their careers at the moment
- The future of law and innovation in the profession 2017 Flip report
- Carly’s tips for upskilling and learning while unemployed
Sit back and enjoy this helpful interview with Carly Stebbing.